Data and Analytics Lead
What is the opportunity?
The Mydoh Data and Analytics team solves strategic problems across the organization using a data-driven approach. We leverage data to unlock opportunities, influence strategy, assess the impact of business tactics and make relevant recommendations to internal or external partners.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to understand core business goals and objectives: improve market share, reduce costs, identify revenue opportunities, drive customer acquisition etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize a variety of analytics techniques such as defining an analytics framework, identification of strategic KPIs, creating Tableau dashboards, cohort/customer segmentation, geo analysis, machine learning, etc
- Work with structured and unstructured datasets across multiple platforms of ventures/external partners with the ability to connect/consolidate datasets and develop reports/dashboards
- As an Analytics Lead for Mydoh’s Data and Analytics team at RBC Ventures you use your curiosity coupled with your technical ability to help achieve business results. You will work closely with the business partners either on the Ventures side or RBC’s external partners. Your strong communication skills will help you build a strong partnership and continue to advocate for data driven strategy. The analytics products you build provide value for your LOBs you support and are relevant to their business. You will be frequently presenting your insights to the senior leadership
What do you need to succeed?
- Business acumen, curiosity, good communication, and strong technical skills.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an analytical function(e.g. Business Analytics, Consulting)
- Nimble with SQL for querying and joining large datasets and/or creating reports
- Experience with predictive analytics in R or python. Understanding of how statistical or Machine Learning packages can help answer business questions.
- Experience communicating analytics and Machine Learning results back to business partners and/or C-level: handling objections, proven experience on influencing driving data-driven strategy is a big plus.
- Demonstrates innate curiosity and an ability to develop innovative solutions
- An eager listener and a team player who is comfortable forming cross functional relationships with our partners, proven experience of forming and managing these relationships is a plus.
- A team player who is passionate about developing peers, winning as a team, having fun, and providing constructive feedback where and when needed.
- We like to have fun and work with people who are passionate about analytics. We are looking for someone who thrives in a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Experience publishing reports/dashboards, and visualizations with Tableau is a big plus.
- Leadership experience and examples of leading initiatives without a title.
- University degree in a quantitative field of study (e.g., statistics, economics, business analytics)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our ventures thrive and clients prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to build close relationships with various business units within RBC