Financial Content Writer (Part-time)
What is the opportunity?
RBC Ventures is a new kind of organization – one that marries the strength of one of the world’s most trusted and successful financial institutions with a mission to reimagine the role we play in people’s lives. We are building a world class team focused on creating new experiences, exploring new business models and developing new relationships that add value to how people live and work.
As the Financial Content Writer for Mydoh team, you’ll collaborate with the Product Manager to write useful content for pre-teens and teens about personal finance and investing topics with a tone and voice that resonates with our audience. This part-time role will require approximately 10-15 hours of work per week.
What will you do?
- Work with the Product Manager to create lessons that are well written, well-researched and require little editing or rewriting.
- Turn potentially confusing financial topics into easy-to-read lessons that match our brand and tone for our audience of pre-teens and teens.
- Adapt to our ever-evolving needs, processes, formats, etc.
- Attend meetings with in-house staff to discuss new lessons and best practices.
- Have an advanced ability to self-edit and strong grammatical skills.
What you need to succeed?
You are committed to seeing things through to execution, and when required, you roll up your sleeves to get the job done, no matter the task at hand.
- 2+ years of previous experience writing financial topics.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or Business.
- The ability to write clear, fluid, and engaging content about financial topics that pre-teens and teens can understand. Basic math skills as an example, you should be able to walk our readers through an example of calculating interest earned on savings and investments.
- The ability to research interesting topics for our audience and translate knowledge into engaging content
- Be exceptionally organized and rarely miss a deadline.
- Be adaptable and responsive to feedback.
- Strong grammar and editing skills.
Nice to have
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
- Experience with remote work and its unique challenges.