Head of Design
What is the opportunity?
Mydoh is looking for an experienced design leader with a track record of building and shipping successful consumer digital products to fill the position of Head of Design, Mydoh. This person will have a direct reporting line to the Head of CX Strategy and Design at RBC Ventures, and dotted-line reporting to the CEO of Mydoh.
The ideal candidate is comfortable contributing to both product and brand strategy at a high level, and working with various stakeholders to continuously push the perspective of design across the team. This person is also comfortable rolling up your sleeves, supporting Mydoh as an individual design contributor whenever necessary. As the Mydoh organization and product scales, the Head of Design will continue to advocate for the design team and support the growth of your design team members.
What will you do?
- Be a key member of the Mydoh leadership team with a bias towards action, helping the business efficiently move ideas from high-level product vision and strategy through road mapping, planning, and execution
- Serve as a player-coach to educate and mentor designers on design processes based on experience and expertise
- Oversee the Mydoh Brand, Creative and Product Design experience
- Collaborate with Mydoh Product, Technology and Design team members to introduce new product features and create a better user experience based on user feedback
- Lead the entire User Centered Design process and direct the work of other Creative Designers, Product Designers and UX Researchers What do you need to succeed?
- 4-6 years of experience working in digital on design teams
- 2-3 years of experience managing designers and creative team members
- Familiarity working with and evolving functional Design Systems within Figma
- Deep knowledge in at least 6 of the following areas of design: UX/Interaction Design, UI/Visual Design, Understanding Human Behaviour, Business and Product Strategy, Design Thinking, UX Copywriting, Accessibility and Inclusive Design, Strategic Thinking, Systems Thinking, UX Research, Analytics, Usability Testing, Prototyping, Storytelling, Information Design, Information Architecture, Design Systems, Growth Design, Brand Design, Marketing Design
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communications, Product, Industrial Design) or a related field or equivalent experience
- Portfolio / Case Studies with recent work samples