Senior Software Engineer (Mobile, React Native)
What is the opportunity?
To support our mission, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a strong understanding of how to develop technical solutions to solve unique problems, meet product requirements and contribute to the ideation and launch of new features. You’ll have the opportunity to work on diverse and interesting challenges as we scale up and help shape both our product and how we work. You’ll work with an extremely committed team of colleagues who are constantly challenging each other, compassionately, and in a transparent, structured way, to grow both professionally and personally.
In this role, you’ll be playing a big part in building the next evolution of our platform as we move to provide extensive new capabilities to parents and kids, working alongside a strong team of engineers, product managers and designers. Your work will contribute to the delivery, reliability, and optimization of our Type Script based application leveraging modern tools and best practices. You will also have an opportunity to learn and expand our AWS infrastructure and deployment pipelines. As part of a growing team, you will have daily opportunities to build on the skills needed to thrive as a well-rounded contributor and technical leader, uniquely in both start-up and enterprise environments.
What will you do?
- Code, test and implement full stack solutions to meet business needs.
- Maintain code quality and best practices across the stack.
- Work with a team of skilled software engineers creating a rapidly evolving consumer-facing platform.
- Look for opportunities to ideate and improve the product and continually expand what is possible through technology.
- Work within a cross functional team (tech, product, customer success and marketing) aimed at delivering high valued solutions.
- Work with modern TypeScript frameworks and tooling.
- Mobile: React native + TypeScript with some native (Objective-C/ Java) SDKs
- Backend: Node + TypeScript, Nest.JS
- Database: PostgreSQ.
- CI Pipeline: CircleCI, Jenkins
- Amazon Web Services (ECS, RDS, S3, SQS, etc.)
- A creative problem solver that can develop a plan, take ownership of tasks, and are outcome focused.
- A cross-functional team player keen to share ideas with your team.
- An exceptional communicator able to articulate technical issues in plain language.
- You keep up to date on web and mobile development trends and understand how it applies to our customers’ needs.
- You understand web/application security and the importance of data privacy.
- You excel at working in cross-functional teams to deliver a product that meets and exceeds our users’ expectations.
- You believe all user experiences should be simple and effective..
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience with React Native and state management (e.g. Redux)
- Some experience with native development for iOS or Android applications
- Good understanding of data structures and some experience with relational databases or data modeling
- Experience with source control (e.g. Git, Github) and modern software delivery techniques and tools
- Understanding of mobile deployment best practices
- You enjoy mentoring and otherwise helping your teammates grow in their knowledge and experience
Nice To Have
- Post-secondary education in a computer or design related program
- Experience with AWS, continuous integration tools and automated testing
What’s in it for you?
We are building something completely new in a dynamically changing industry. It’s never been done before. You have the opportunity to leverage the significant resources of our business and brand to make that change happen in the real world.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including competitive compensation, bonuses and flexible benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in an agile, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance as part of a remote, distributed team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and take on progressively greater accountabilities