Kids can learn, earn and spend
The Mydoh app and Smart Cash Card make it easy for kids to gain real money skills. And you can coach, guide, or just keep an eye on things.
The free trial is for 30 days. You can cancel at any time.
It's about more than money.
Tasks & Allowance
Whether it’s emptying the dishwasher or feeding the dog, your kids get used to earning their own money, and you get extra help around the house. It’s a win-win situation.
Smart Cash Card
Mydoh Smart Cash Card helps kids take responsibility for their spending. And, because it’s a reloadable prepaid card (not a credit card), there’s little risk of overspending2.
Give your kids a financial head start. Introduce them to basic money concepts, like the cost of groceries and needs versus wants, and see them grow with Mydoh.
Kids get paid every Saturday. They understand the value of earning, and learn how to make their money last – until the next Pay Day.
Keep track and react to your kids’ spending activity. Plus, you can lock and unlock their Smart Cash Cards at any time from the app. That’s reassuring.
Add a Parent
You can now add a parent to your account for free! This means you can both set tasks, pay your kids for completed tasks, track spending, and much more.
Get Mydoh for the whole family
Add another parent and up to 5 kids at no
Get your first 30 days free and give your kids a head start on building money skills*.
Mydoh is a digital app with a Smart Cash Card that helps kids learn and practice money management, while giving parents transparency and oversight. We believe that money conversations need to start early and Mydoh helps make the process easy and fun!
Here’s how it works:
1. The platform
Mydoh encourages kids (with a little help from their parents) to build better money habits. The digital and physical Smart Cash Card makes it easy to track in-store and online transactions.
Mydoh provides parents with oversight: Fund your kid’s card, view their balance and spending activity, react and start conversations, teach the value of earning through chores – all in real time.
Mydoh makes it easy for kids to track their spending using the Mydoh Smart Cash Card. They can see their household chores, get paid on Pay Day and even get reminders!
The Mydoh Smart Cash Card is a reloadable digital and physical Visa Prepaid Card for kids, issued by Royal Bank of Canada. This means there is no interest rate charged or risk of debt, since kids can only spend the money that is available on their card’s balance which their parent’s provide.
Parents can send money to their kids’ Mydoh Smart Cash Card through the app, up to the allowable limits. Kids can use the card to make purchases online, and/or in-store with their physical card or with Apple Pay. All purchases are subject to allowable limits. Mydoh is currently available on iOS for iPhone 6 or later, with version 10.3 or newer and Android phones with Version 8.0 or newer. The Smart Cash Card cannot be used with Google Pay and Samsung Pay at the moment. A few additional details about the Mydoh Smart Cash Card:
- Card balance is available on the app header next to the profile picture. Funds are not CDIC insured.
- Card terms and conditions are available at: www.mydoh.ca/rbc-terms.
- For specific questions about card terms and conditions, please call 1-888-696-9364.
- The card is reloadable.
- Funds on the card do not expire. Your card expires at the end of the month of the expiry date associated with your card. The remaining balance on your original card will be placed on your new card at no additional cost.
When logging in for the first time, you’ll be asked to sign up with your RBC Online Banking account or with your Government ID to verify your identity; don’t worry, this is completely secure!
After logging in, you can invite your kid(s) and add money to your Mydoh Wallet from your RBC account or Interac e-Transfer.
Your kid(s) can also download the app to view their Smart Cash Card balance, allowance and the tasks you assign them.
If you have any problems, let us know, and we would be happy to help!
Note: For Government ID, we currently accept a valid Canadian issued passport or driver’s license from AB, BC, MB, NS, ON, or QC.
After you have invited your kids to Mydoh, they can activate their account by following these steps:
- Help your child download Mydoh from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Select ‘Child Sign Up’.
- Enter their invite code or use the link in their activation email to confirm the account.
- Confirm their personal details, create a password, and agree to the terms.
There you go, your kids will be ready to start earning and spending with their Mydoh Smart Cash Card!
Note: Kids can only use the app when they have been invited by a parent.
Got questions? We’ve got answers.Browse FAQ
Kids can spend in-store and online† up to allowable limits with their Mydoh Smart Cash Card issued by Royal Bank of Canada and powered by Visa.
Terms & Conditions
*The 30-day free trial offer is activated on the date of completion of the Mydoh mobile app account registration process. After your free trial offer ends, a monthly subscription fee of $4.99 ($2.99 for RBC Clients) will be taken out of your Mydoh Wallet. You can cancel any time by contacting Mydoh. Mydoh reserves the right to cancel, modify or withdraw this offer at any time.
† The RBC Visa Prepaid Mydoh Smart Cash Card (“Mydoh Smart Cash Card”) is available as a physical and digital card that can be used to pay for purchases online or in-store anywhere Visa contactless (tap) is accepted.
1. The RBC Visa Prepaid Mydoh Smart Cash Card (“Mydoh Smart Cash Card”) is available as a physical and digital card that can be used to pay for purchases online or in-store anywhere Visa contactless (tap) is accepted.
2. Parents can load and kids can access up to a maximum of $500 per day on their Mydoh Smart Cash Card. When loading money to a Mydoh Smart Cash Card, there are limits to the number of transfers and dollar amounts. Please see transfer and transaction limits.
3. RBC Client means an individual who holds at least one personal deposit account with Royal Bank of Canada (excluding saving accounts and US dollar accounts), or a personal RBC Royal Bank Credit Card.