Can other family members or friends send money to my child’s account?
Great question! Currently, kids can only receive money in their accounts that is sent to them from their parents Mydoh wallet directly. While family/friends can’t add money directly to your child’s account, they can add funds to your Wallet and you can transfer those funds to your child’s account. Please see below for step by step instructions!
Step 1: Send a request for money to your family member or friend:
1. Go to your Home or Wallet tab and select ‘Add Funds’.
2. Tap ‘Continue’ on the Interac e-Transfer tile.
3. Under ‘Request from’ select ‘+ Add new recipient’.
4. Add the new recipients contact details and tap ‘Save’
5. Enter the amount and select how you would like to notify the recipient.
6. Select ‘Send Request’.
7. Review the details of the transaction and confirm they are correct.
8. Tap ‘Request Now’ to confirm the transaction.
9. Success! The contact will receive the Interac e-Transfer via email or SMS within a few minutes. Once they have accepted the request and sent the funds, you should see it reflected in your Parent Wallet balance.
Step 2: Send a one-time money transfer to your child:
1. Now that you have received the funds, please navigate to your Home or Wallet tab in your parent account.
2. Tap ‘Send Money’.
3. Enter the amount you’d like to send and press ‘Next’.
4. Confirm the transaction and your child will be sent the money instantly!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team via the in-app chat!