How does my child make online and in-store purchases using their Mydoh Smart Cash Card?
Once kids have been invited by their parents and created their Mydoh accounts, they will have access to their very own Mydoh Smart Cash Card! The card can be accessed physically, or digitally depending on the nature of the purchase being made. Please see below for more details:
How to make Online Purchases:
1. Log into the child account, and navigate to the ‘Wallet’ tab on the bottom bar of the home screen
2. Tap the image of the Mydoh Smart Cash Card at the top of the screen
3. Enter your child account password
4. Voila! You should be able to see all the card details including the card number, expiry date, and CVV1.
With their Mydoh physical card, your child can make purchases in-store wherever Visa is accepted. Just tap or insert the card at in-store terminals (no PIN required). Kids with an iOS device can add their Smart Cash Card to their Apple Wallet2 by going to the ‘Wallet’ tab in their app and selecting ‘Add to Apple Wallet’ below the image of their card.
All purchases are subject to allowable limits, please review your child’s Smart Cash Card limits here. If you have any questions, please reach out to our support team via the in-app chat!
1. When making a purchase online, the billing address should be the same as what you used when signing up for your account or the address associated with your RBC account.
2. Apple only allows users whose Apple ID identifies their age as 13 or above to add cards digitally. The Mydoh Smart Cash Card cannot be used with Google Pay and Samsung Pay at the moment.